CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The new year

not sure if you can tell what she did..but under her eyes you can kinda tell where she cut her face.

my baby before she decided to tear her face up
Well, once again I'm behind in posting on my blog. I guess real life just keeps getting in the way..lol. Not a lot going on at our house just now...well except for the dog tearing up her face trying to get out of her kennel. Yup. We came home from work/school this past Tuesday and the beast had broken 4 small metal bars..with her teeth apparently,as her gums were bloody though luckily there were no teeth missing. She then tried to push her face thru the opening she had made. You would think that when it hurt her she would have stopped but not my dog. Nope, she just kept trying even though all she managed to do was cut up her face.
I guess everyone knows that I had to have a colonoscopy this year. Actually, I was supposed to have it last year when I turned 50 but I managed to put it off for a year. I was really dreading it too. I was the last holdout in the family and finally gave in and got it done. I gotta tell you, it wasnt as bad as I had thought it would be. The prep was terrible.. and not only because my insurance didnt pay for the pills. Pricey things they were too! Along about the 3rd dose of 5 I was starting to feel real nauseous and it didnt get any better after that. The actual procedure was a piece of cake after the pills..lol. They had to call IV Therapy to get my IV started. Something about my veins having brick walls..lol...I asked them what they expected after making me get totally dehydrated for the procedure. I told the RN in the procedure room I didnt want to wake up early and she made sure I did'nt..lol..As a matter of fact, I could have slept the whole day! If Cecil hadnt gone with me, I still wouldnt know what the doc said..lol. All I remember is him saying everything was clean...I thought he meant that I had done my prep the way I was supposed to, so I thanked him and went back to sleep..hehehehehehe....Turns out he meant that everything was as it should be which considering our family medical history is nothing short of a miracle. I'm just glad its over for another 5 years. The bad part is that Dr. has patients on the unit where I work so I have to keep hiding when he comes up there..lol..One of the RN's that I work with suggested I ask him which smile he likes better..lol...but I dont think I have the nerve.
Later...oh..by the way..3 new scrap pages over at the other blog..check 'em out!

2 comments:

Susan said...

well, people keep saying that the procedure isn't bad, but that's just crazy. do you know what they do? it's gotta be bad! i think they just give you some really good drugs so that you think it wasn't bad and discourage the rest of us from it. you can tell them it didn't work, i'm still discouraged. glad you're clear, though.

Susan said...

it wouldn't let me post anything on the christmas blog, but i wanted to point out that i don't think that any of those presents noe is shown opening were actually hers.